>Dor,
>> Did you use kvm-16?
>  Yes, but this problem also occurred in older versions of KVM; I was
>simply too lazy to send a message in this forum.
>
>>Is there a chance you're using qemu's original bios ( from qemu's rpm
)?

>I don't know what is qemu's original bios ( from qemu's rpm ).
>currently rpm -q qemu returns nothing.
>

>>Use cat /proc/$(pgrep qemu)/fd | grep bios
>
>ls /proc/`pgrep qemu`/fd gives:
>0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

Sorry, it should have been with " ls -la /proc/`pgrep qemu`/fd".
Please also do " cat proc/`pgrep qemu`/cmdline".

Since installing windowsXP works for us with -no-acpi flag, I suspect
that if you installed it with the -no-kvm flag it might have picked up
the APIC HAL. In that case, after the installation it won't help doing
the -no-acpi thing.

So you need to follow the following workaround:
        Run the guest without kvm (-no-kvm) My Computer -> Properties ->
Hardware -> Device Manager -> [Whatever under Computer] -> Properties
-> Update Driver -> Not at this time -> Next -> Install from a list ->
Next -> Don't search -> Next -> Standard PC -> Next. "Standard PC" is
the noacpi HAL.
After that you can start the guest again without the -no-kvm flag.

If the problem continues, run the attached kvm_stat script and send its
statistics.

Good luck,
Dor.

>Regards,
>Ian
>

>On 3/10/07, Dor Laor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> >Dor,
>> >  Thnks !
>> >
>> >I made a trial with -no-kvm and without modprobing the kvm module.
It