From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Alessandro Sardo
Sent: Tue 20/03/2007 17:23
To: kvm-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [kvm-devel] KVM-17 & WinXP network setup hangs

Hello KVM devs,

I've just downloaded and checked out KVM-17. I tried
installing a Windows XP SP2 guest, using the following
script (notice how I did NOT use the '-no-acpi' flag):

qemu -hda /var/vm/img/WinXP.img -cdrom
/var/vm/iso/WinXP.iso -boot d -m 512

<...snipped...>

This is where I got the big problem: after installing the
devices and asking for the cd-key (among other things),
the guest totally *stalled* while configuring the network.
It just says "Installing the network...", but the progress
bar is frozen - and there's no output on the shell. I've
also tried with the '-net nic,model=rtl8139' flag, but the
result was the same. I'm unable to complete the
installation.

Is there a work-around for this?

Thanks!

- Alessandro