>hello everyone,
>
>     I was just wondering how KVM schedules multiple Virtual machines
>(guest
>operating systems) running on top of it? If a thread/process blocks on
>guest
>os does KVM block the whole virtual machine or are other
threads/processes
>running on that particular guest given a chance to run?

The KVM does not schedule processes at all. Actually this is its power
over Xen. There is no need to build a complex schedule, we're using such
- the Linux kernel.

Currently, except for aio, there are no threads in qemu so our user
space does not use threads. Had it used threads and for the aio case,
the execution of the guest relays on the call to ioctl kvm_run.
So without aio, the guest is not running while waiting for disk.
With aio the guest is running in the main thread context while another
thread serves the aio.

>Thanks
>
>Tarski

>Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
>Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share
>your
>opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn cash
>http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVD
EV