I am getting core dumps when running kvm at various times.  I am trying
to install WindowsXP as a guest and kvm core dumps at various times
during install, so I have not been able to finish the install.

HP Pavilion dv9297ea Intel Core2Duo 7200, 2GB RAM
VT is enabled in the BIOS and kvm-intel module is loaded successfully
Ubuntu Feisty Fawn beta 2.6.20-13
kvm 0.9.0
Installing winxp pro as guest (no slipstreamed SP, just vanilla version)

I am a member of kvm group but I still have to chmod 777 /dev/kvm to not
get error about kvm not initialized.

Starting newly created qemu image with:

kvm -m 512 -cdrom /dev/cdrom /var/qemu-images/winXP.img

-no-acpi has no affect on core dumping.

I got almost all way through installation this morning, and it core
dumped near the end: QEMU window disappears and I get lots of text in
terminal which ends with (Core dump).  As it got so far, I can now start
WinXP, but it is very slow, as if VT is not being used at all, but I get
no errors when starting kvm.

Any help greatly appreciated.

--andrew

--
GnuPG Key ID: ECB18ABA
Fingerprint:  FDF3 91FC F5BC 1164 E217  315E 337E 219B ECB1 8ABA