On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 10:05 -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:

> >> Glad to know you made it to his tree :)
> >> When do you think it can be integrated to mainline kvm?
> >>

> > the biggest gap left is how to associate the virtual file with the host.
> >

> Why not drive the backend from userspace?

(nothing in the concept requires it to be in the kernel, it just makes
things a lot easier)

Because I think the trend forward is to reduce the userspace dependency
of kvm, not increase it. And because you add context switches etc etc

>  Are you using a ring queue to
> transmit bio's from the guest to the host?

sort of; it's not quite a real ring (I'm using the block layer tagged
queueing which is more efficient than a ring actually)

>  What are you using for
> discovery (I assume PCI)?

I just added a hypercall to enumerate. Adding a dummy PCI is probably
needed for OS installers to auto-load the drivers.

> Could you post a copy of your driver on the list?  I think it would be
> good to discuss.

I'll dig it up
--
if you want to mail me at work (you don't), use arjan (at) linux.intel.com
Test the interaction between Linux and your BIOS via