Andrew,
> On all kvm versions I have tried (16 - 19) running windows XP, with the XP
> window having captured the mouse, I have to make my mouse clicks slow and
> deliberate else XP does notice them. It makes double clicks especially hard.
I had the same problem, it went away immediately after I changed the
setting of the Windows XP "hardware" explicitly to "Standard PC" as
explained here
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=87veg1ybb0.fsf%40grogan.peloton&forum_name=kvm-devel

Essentially you have to follow:
My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> [Whatever's
under
Computer, unless it's "Standard PC"] -> Properties -> Update Driver ->
Not at this time -> Next -> Install
from a list -> Next -> Don't search -> Next -> Standard PC -> Next

        --cbe