Chris de Vidal wrote:
> Google couldn't help me find what I want (unless I'm searching wrong).
>
> I would like to set up a disaster recovery box offsite.  I would like to have
> incremental P2V
> snapshots sent every so often to a KVM-based Windows virtual machine.  It
> would be powered off
> most of the time.  I would only send incremental snapshots, minimizing
> bandwidth.  In the event of
> a disaster, I boot up the VM and keep going where the last snapshot left off.
>
> Any KVM-friendly P2V solutions?

I don't know of any incremental P2V solution, but if you can run the
live server on kvm, it would be pretty easy to script lvm to snapshot
every so often, and rsync (or maybe an lvm-aware thing) the images away.

In general, Xen-friendly P2V should also be kvm-friendly, as the two
hypervisors share the hardware model (qemu).