>I've got a problem where my guest VM's system clock is very inaccurate.
>The
>host computer is running 4 guest VM's, 2 32-bit Linux (Debian Sarge), 1
>Windows XP and 1 64 bit Linux (Debian Etch).
>
>The problem I have is that the system clock on the 64 bit Deabin Etch
VM is
>always either running slow or fast (around 90% to 200% of the correct
>speed).  The unusual thing is that the other guest VM's do not seem to
>share
>the same probelm.

- Is it an ACPI/APIC enabled guest? If so try using acpi=off nolapic in
the kernel's command line and see what's happens again.
  There is a patch for fixing PIC irq delivery when lapic is enabled
sent by
  He Qing, it might be usefull for you
[http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg10094.html], I
doesn't reproduce on my 64bit guest.

- Another option is to see if the specific VM uses /dev/rtc on the host.
  If it does, remove the /dev/rtc file and re-execute the vm and see
what happens. You can send us the output of time ssh vm-ip 'time sleep
10'

HTH,
Dor

>The guest VM does report the following errors in the output of dmesg:

>Checked by AVG Free Edition.
3/05/2007