Slohm Gadaburi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm interested to learn the technical details of KVM and
> virtualizations in general.
> I know I can just read the source but I just want to understand the
> technical concepts,
> so the sources are overkill.

To get an overview of kvm you can read this project report:
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/okhan/www/KvmFinalReport.pdf

For virtualization you should read papers and the intel manual:

1.Intel® Virtualization Technology: Hardware Support for
  Efficient Processor Virtualization
  [ftp://download.intel.com/technology/itj/2006/v10i3/v10-i3-art01.pdf]

2. Intel® 64 and IA-32 Architectures
   Software Developer’s Manual
   Volume 3B:
   System Programming Guide, Part 2

3. "Analysis of the Intel Pentium's Ability to Support a
    Secure Virtual Machine Monitor"
    J. Robin, C. Irvine

4. "A Comparison of Software and Hardware Techniques for x86 Virtualization"

5. "Xen and the art of virtualization".

6. "Formal Requirements for Virtualizable Third Generation Architectures"
    Gerald Popek and Robert Goldberg, CACM, V17 N7, July 1974