Anthony Liguori wrote:
> I think it would be better to use hvc_console as Xen now uses it too.
This console driver is pretty basic indeed.

> This is an interesting way to get input data from the console :-)  How
> many interrupts does s390 support (the x86 only supports 256)?  Can you
> afford to burn interrupts like this?  Is there not a better way to
> assign interrupts such that conflict isn't an issue?
We have 2^16 external interrupts on 390, plus IO interrupts,
multiplied by the fact that each interrupt can be used in various
interrupt subclasses. We can burn irqs indeed, but as Christian
mentioned this cannot go into the portable approach.

so long,
Carsten