On 5/31/07, Troy Benjegerdes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The only halfway sane solution I can think of involves having guest
> support for CPU hotplug, so that a host can notify a guest that the
> underlying CPU has changed.

well, but ... if the migration has happened, and some app is reading
the counters, and is woken up, what do you do to the app?

we had all this type of issue on bproc migration. The only conclusion
we ever reached is 'migrate only to same cpu type'. It's incredibly
messy to cover all the corner cases, and probably impossible to hit
them all.

I don't think our apps are ready to go to sleep and wake up in Kansas.

ron