On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 17:17 +0800, Li, Xin B wrote:
> I've just got x86_64 Linux 2.6.20.3 SMP guest boots on KVM with 2 vCPUs
> (I'm using a x86_64 RHEL5 image but the RHEL5 kernel can't boot.),
> /proc/cpuinfo and /proc/interrupts show the 2 CPU are working, but it's
> still _not_ stable and I saw qemu segmentation faults, anyway it starts
> working :-)

Hi Xin,
  Nice work!  I am bummed that you are getting to do all the fun
parts :)

I have one comment:

+       while (1) {
+               if (vcpu->init_sipi_sipi_state ==
+                       KVM_VCPU_INIT_SIPI_SIPI_STATE_NORM)
+                       break;
+               yield();
+       }

I would do this as a wait-queue instead of yielding (like how I
implemented HLT, for instance).

> My base is Greg's APIC patch version 9 with some collision fixes,

were these actual fixes for the apic code, or just merge fixes between
your work and mine?  If the former, please send the patches for the apic
fixes separately so we can apply them to the lapic branch.

Again, nice work!
-Greg