On Sat, 2007-06-23 at 10:53 +0300, Avi Kivity wrote:
> Gregory Haskins wrote:
> >
> > In fact, my own implementation puts the ISA-userint model as hanging off
> > the kvm structure as well (which would be replaced with a similar PIC
> > model for layer-2 mode in the future).
> >

> The PIC is certainly a system resource, but at least in qemu it's
> connected to cpu 0 only. We want to preserve that.

I think there might be some confusion here ;) The *outputs* of the PIC
in both QEMU and in-kernel-APIC are certainly wired to cpu0 (per the
model that qemu/bochs support).  But the *inputs* are system-wide.  In
qemu, you can call the global function "pic_set_irq" (which you could
construe as per-vm, since there is a 1:1 with qemu-process/vm).
Likewise, the inputs in both in-kernel implementation is also per vm by
hanging off of the kvm struct, as opposed to the vcpu struct.  I hope
this helps to clarify.

-Greg