On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 04:05:22PM +0800, youhongyu wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i use: fc7, built in xen, kvm.
> i boot my machine into normal kernal and install a guest os by vir-manager,
> and i encounter a strange situation .... the "save" command from virtual-
> manager menu failed! it pop out a small windows seem want to tell me
> something, but it quickly disappeared. what's thing happens?

The window shouldn't have disappeared like that - it should have told
you that this isn't supported....

We can't support save/restore of  KVM guests in virt-manager at this
time. QEMU 0.9.0 was really very unhelpful and removed the ability specify
a filename for saving VM state, assuming that everyone happens to be using
a qcow file :-( Not much use if you are using raw files, or physical volumes,
or LVM which are the primary storage types used in virt-manager currently.

Dan.