> I don't think live migration is particularly difficult.  You
> need a APIs
> to read and write the PIC+LAPIC states, and you write the
> state into the

This is partily true party not. Like what did in Xen, a live migration
in kernel side need to consider not only device state, but also cpu
state. Especially when live migration happens when a VCPU get valid
IDT_Vectoring, we need to save all various cpu states,  (What current
code did to "push back" an vector can't service us with apic in kernel),
and we have NMI state to save too.
I didn't look into user level migration yet, it may be covered or not,
but kernel level migration makes it different.

Anyway I know your position now.