>Hi Rusty,
>  I was curious if there are any implementations of your virtio
>substrate for KVM yet?  And if not, I can offer help to get this done
as
>I have an immediate need for a ring-buffer like PV channel.
>
>Regards,
>-Greg

Actually I was planning of doing it. I'm maintaining our not-merged PV
network drivers branch
[started by Ingo Molnar].
Since they already contain a ring + network logic I though of dropping
the front end
part and hooking with virtio.
I also want to add/use virtio layer for the host side - KVM, Xen and
lguest all have Linux host
backend it makes logic to use a generic host drivers for
networking/block device too.
Actually this is my KVM forum presentation.

You're welcome to rip my ring code ;)

btw: Rusty - what do you think of virtio for the host?