On 7/23/07, Avi Kivity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Nguyen Anh Quynh wrote:
> > This patch makes "install" compile code, and "install-rpm" package rpms.
>
> 'install' and 'install-rpm' are typically run as root, and we don't want
> to compile as root.

Is it because of security reason, or something else?

I want this patch because without it, sometimes I install without
recompiling. As a result, the old binary is installed, and I dont
notice that I dont run the code with new change. That really confuses,
and even took me a while to figure out what actually happend.