The kernel is the current Ubuntu version, /proc/version is Linux version
2.6.20-16-generic ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) (gcc version 4.1.2 (Ubuntu
4.1.2-0ubuntu4))
#2 SMP Thu Jun 7 20:19:32 UTC 2007

The kvm version is also the one from the Ubuntu repository, which apt calls
1:16-1ubuntu2. Not certain if that means it's kvm version 16. Is there a way
to get the version directly from kvm? (I didn't see a -v flag in the man
page)

Here's the output for /proc/cpuinfo

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 107
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 2511.631
cache size      : 512 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 2
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt lm
3dnowext 3dnow pni cx16 lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm cr8legacy ts fid vid ttp tm
stc [6]
bogomips        : 5026.97
clflush size    : 64

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 107
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 2511.631
cache size      : 512 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 1
cpu cores       : 2
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt lm
3dnowext 3dnow pni cx16 lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm cr8legacy ts fid vid ttp tm
stc [6]
bogomips        : 5023.24
clflush size    : 64

Thanks for the help.

On 8/1/07, Gerb Stralko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> what kernel are you using?  is kvm built in kernel or as modules?
> what version of userspace kvm are you using?  What is the ouput of cat
> /proc/cpuinfo?
>
> Thanks
>
> On 7/31/07, Scott Lerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I installed kvm from Ubuntu's 7.04 repository. When I try start kvm with
> >
> > kvm -m 256 -cdrom /path/to/kubuntu-7.04-dvd-i386.iso -boot d
> .kvm/server.img
> >
> > I get a BIOS screen that says Loading... (among other typical BIOS
> > information), then just does nothing while using 100% of one of the
> cores on
> > my CPU. The server.img disk image is newly created. I've been following
> > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/KVM, and everything up to
> > this point has worked fine. My CPU is an Athlon AM2. Anybody else seen
> this
> > issue before and have any ideas on what the problem is?
> >
> > --
> > Scott Lerman

Scott Lerman