On 8/5/07, Avi Kivity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> David Brown wrote:
> > I was running a guest os using kvm and I got this kernel page request
> > failure using kvm 33 and 2.6.22.1 host.
> >

> Is this 2.6.22.1's modules (i.e. --with-patched-kernel) or kvm-33's modules?

This is built with kvm-33 modules.

> What guest are you running?

Also the same crazy sourced based distro (Source Mage).

I don't remember what it was trying to rebuild I think it might have
been gcc. The guest has 1G ram and 1G swap. Also I found that the
guest (if there isn't any swap available) will die if all the memory
fills up. kvm had issues when that happened and it didn't release any
of the memory back to the host when the guest died and the process was
killed. I'm not sure if this had something to do with it or not gcc
does tend to generate some huge DFA's when it compiles and could have
filled up 2G with of memory and swap...  I wasn't paying attention
enough to notice if that was the case...

Thanks,
- David Brown