Anthony Liguori wrote:
> Jorge Lucángeli Obes wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> >From what I've gathered, it seems that we have basically four options
>> at hand. I think it's important to notice, however, that whatever
>> comes out of this will probably be, as Avi said, a "low-end" solution.
>> IMHO there's room to have both the high-end libvirt-like approach, and
>> the "shell replacer" approach.
>>
>> So let's see:
>>
>> 1- We could go the way of the patches I've posted, adding the comments
>> everyone's made.
>> 1a- It's a good idea to actively signal QEMU to read command line
>> options from the image file, and not have it on by default.
>>

> I think if you have to add a new option, the base implementation is
> wrong.  The whole point of this is to simplify things for the user and
> adding more weird options just makes things more complicated.

It's not as bad as that -- the user has to remember only option (or have
a qemu-trusted script that supplies the option).  But I agree that the
feature is now much less compelling, and that the new option is needed.

>> 4- We could have configuration files associated with the host and
>> guests.
>> 4a- Embedded XML.
>> 4b- Separate files.
>>

> This is a big effort but a config file is the right long term solution.

For which use case? management-full or management-less?

A managed system will want to supply arguments out of a central
database.  For a management-less use case, the config file is a hassle.