Hi Izik,

On Sun, 2007-08-12 at 12:59 -0700, Izik Eidus wrote:
> we are working on swapping support for the guests in kvm.
> we want to allow management of the memory swapping of the guests from
> kvm.
>
> i wrote this patch that move the guest allocated memory from the
> kernel to the userspace for better management.
> plus in this way it will share more code for such soultion with s390
> and other archs.

Do we care much about maintaining the kvmctl API?  I ask because I think
it would be nice to provide a pointer to kvmctl instead of having it
allocate the memory.  I think there are a few advantages to this.

It simplifies the QEMU patch and it allows for the logic for choosing
how memory is allocated to be done in QEMU.  I'm thinking about things
like allocating memory from hugetlbfs.  Since large pages are a sparse
commodity, I don't think we want to use large pages unless the user asks
us to.  Seems like this logic is best suited to be in QEMU to me.

Otherwise, this page seems pretty good to me.

There's some whitespace damage in this patch to btw.