On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 23:48 +0200, Koen de Jonge wrote:
> Izik Eidus wrote:
>
> <a reminder on how to remove and insert kernel modules>
> > On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 23:20 +0200, Koen de Jonge wrote:
> >
> >> Can anyone tell me:
> >> - what is the linux host OS flavour and version the developers use?
> >> - what is the latest kvm-version that 'just works' on a ubuntu 7.04
> >> desktop release?

I have a mix of Feisty and Gutsy hosts.  I think it's as well supported
as anything else for all KVM releases.

A few simple tips:

1) apt-get build-dep kvm will get you everything you need except gcc-3.4

2) the kvm that comes in Feisty is pretty old.  Gutsy currently has
kvm-28 which is relatively recent.  Most importantly, it has a new
enough version such that the ABI between kernel space and user space is
stable.

Ubuntu users won't face these incompatibility issues once Gutsy is
released.