>Since I am close, I will probably make at least one more v3 drop "as
is"
>with the new lguest_bus inspired pvbus (with hotplug, etc).  From
there,
>we can (virtually) get together and figure out what can be used
>directly, what can be used in spirit, and what should be thrown away.

Sure thing.

>Dor, I know you mentioned you wanted to go stepwise, but note that I
>*did* break it up into a series.  I just delivered it all at once ;)

The series is good, though personally I prefer to test each stage using
live packets. Well, I recon the IOQ already tested and only the other
mechanisms
are new.

>But the fact is, I really need to do this stuff in-kernel so I am very
>much interested in getting the solution designed with that in mind from
>the get-go.  So note that you will continue to see a series that is
>oriented to support both your userspace approach and my current
>in-kernel direction.  (Note that my current series doesn't deal with
the
>userspace side yet).
>
>Please point me to your current branch when it is available for me to
>look at.  I'm looking forward to helping out here!

Currently things at my end are a bit broken since I replaced the dma
backend with a generic dma based on Rusty's code. Hope that it will work
tomorrow.

If you'll be quick enough you can rip the lguest_bus into a very light
weight
virtio_bus. Please keep it thin as possible, Rusty's code is 217 lines
long, half
of it comments. I'm planing to have a flexible use of this bus while one
can either choose virtio_bus or pci bus.