On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 22:38 +0800, Weiyang Chen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I build kvm-35 from tarball successfully  on my Macbook core2due with
> a 2.6.22.3 kernel, Ubuntu 7.04. But when I try to start kvm with a
> Windows XP image, it gets crushed with a  "unhandled vm exit:  0x9"
> error. Here are the last 2 lines from dmesg:

did it work to you in older kvm versions?

> kvm: guest NX capability removed
> kvm_handle_exit: unexpected, valid vectoring info and exit reason is
> 0x9

> I also have dig this maillist, and found this thread:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/kvm-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg01940.html
>
> But since the guest OS I used is windows xp, it shouldn't use "a
> hardware task switch mechanism".

your host is 32 or 64bits plus what edition of windows xp is it and is
it 32 ot 64 bits?

> Any comments from you? Thank you!

windows xp should not do any task switch, it is probably bug, try to
provide more information like when is it crush,
was it in the installation, or in normal usage?, is it working with
--no-kvm?