On Saturday 18 August 2007 02:42:56 Koen de Jonge wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> here is a list of Supported Guests:
> http://kvm.qumranet.com/kvmwiki/Guest_Support_Status
>
> The tables are a bit unclear to me, I will explain using the 'Debian
> Etch' example.

There's no guideline on what the table should look like. It should just be
easy for new and returning users to find the information they're looking for,
easily at one place. If you think there's a better way in which the table can
be laid out, a trial version can be placed on a temporary wiki page for
others to comment.

> The top line of the table states:
> Guest: Debian Etch
> Guest bitness: 32/64
> Host version: kvm-29
> Host cpu: Intel
> Host bitness: 64
> Comments:
>
> Now I have just verified that there is a way to get kvm-35 running on a
> Debian Etch amd64 (quite easily I must say).
>
> And I have also verified that Debian Etch i386 as a Guest runs perfectly
> on that host (installing with debian-40r0-i386-netinst.iso).
>
> Should I now add a line to that table that states:
> Guest: Debian Etch
> Guest bitness: 32
> Host version: kvm-35
> Host cpu: AMD
> Host bitness: 64
>
> Should I leave the lines that are allready there about the same Guest
> untouched?

If you have also tried a 64-bit guest, you can just update the Host Version
field. Otherwise, a new line would be ok.

> Should I test the same OS again when kvm-36 is released?

If you regularly use kvm, it will definitely be beneficial to add the most
recent information to the wiki as well. But simply putting a '+' after the
release should do; like 'Host version: kvm-35+'. That avoids us mentioning
all the releases. When things break, they can be marked as such.