On 8/22/07, Anthony Liguori <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hrm, it looks like it's the BIOS.  Using the BIOS in qemu-0.9.0, -boot n
> works with
> x86_64 but the bios installed by KVM doesn't work.

Yeah, it does seem to be the case.  I ran a few experiments after
reading your message: kvm-28 and kvm-36 successfully PXE-boots when
using bios.bin from kvm-28, but both fails to PXE-boot when using
bios.bin from kvm-36.

> Can you try a more recent KVM with -no-kvm?

Using the patch I posted to the list, I can PXE-boot using the
qemu-system-x86_64 executable from kvm-36 both with and without kvm
kernel module acceleration (provided that I use the bios from kvm-28,
that is).

Chuan-kai Lin