>> You have the following options:
>>
>> 1. A plain tcp/ip from guest to host (you probably considered that
>ahh)
>> 2. We have a virtual device in qemu called vmchannel it is visible as
>> pci device in the guest.
>>
>>     Currently they communicate using port io, it will soon change to
>> virtio interace (shared memry).
>>
>>     It is goo for guest-host communication.
>>

>Hi Dor,
>
>How is VMChannel setup to be used?  Does it require using the KVM
kernel
>in the guest or is
>there a less intrusive way to use it?

You don't need a special kernel in the guest. You need to use the
vmchannel in qemu,
by adding -vmchannel parameter. It requires a format of
di:[PCI)VENDOR_ID],QEMU_DEVICE where QEMU_DEVICE is standard qemu device
format, e.g. file/socket/..

In the guest you need the matching pci driver. Currently you can you the
attached one,
I'm not sure if it is uptodate. Soon we'll post a device that uses
virtio for the vmchannel.
-Dor