Bugs item #1795722, was opened at 2007-09-16 11:02
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=893831&aid=1795722&group_id=180599

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I noticed that the release notes for kvm-36 mentioned the addition of support
for 64-bit windows guests, which is the feature I have been waiting for.

It does indeed work nicely on my Intel desktop machine (a Core 2 Extreme
QX6700). But not on my AMD based server (an Opteron 2210).

When attempting to boot the 64-bit Windows guest on the Opteron, the guest
bluescreens immediately. This occurs both when trying to boot the Windows
installation CD and also when trying to boot the already-installed OS, having
copied the disk image over from the Intel host. The Windows OS I'm using is
Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition.

I then upgraded to the latest kvm release (kvm-39), but the problem remains.

Note that both the Intel and AMD host machines are using kernel 2.6.22
(64-bit), and in both cases I am using the kernel modules provided by the kvm
package, not the ones available in the kernel itself.

This problem does NOT occur if I add the -no-kvm option to the command line on
the AMD64 host (ie the guest then boots successfully).

P.S. I didn't see any info on "-no-kvm" in the man page... what am I missing
out on if I run it with that switch?

Alex