> BTW, I downloaded KVM-36 with REHL5U 32e guest, reboot doesn't work
> either. But if I use no-kvm option, it can.
> So I would like to know which release is the latest known working
> tree for "reboot".

More update:
        Using today's master, without any patch, reboot works!!!
        It could be explained that at reboot time, the eflag.IF is
cleared,
so no matter how PIC/APIC beahivors at that stage, it doesn't matter.
Later on, guest will reset those chips and then keep forwarding...
Some other patches fixed the issue from KVM-36, or anybody has more
finding?

        It is good that I don't need to push the kernel device reset
patch out that soon,
but we still need to do so for a graceful reset especially kernel
devices need to be reseted since
guest OS won't reset it at begining when interrupt is enabled. So I will
push the patch eventually
but can spend more time in NIC issues that is very possible caused by
kernel apic stuff :-)

        BTW, if you know any issues that is highly suspected to kernel
irqchip series, would u
please repost them to me so that I can track clearly ? NIC issue is in
investigation now.

        Thanks, Eddie