Hello,

tanks you for the reply:

Am Freitag 05 Oktober 2007 08:35:44 schrieb Izik Eidus:
> Kay Hayen wrote:
> > So in FAQ and Wiki I didn't find how to make the guest use host time. Is
> > that possible at all? For VMWare it is said that clock=pit would help,
> > but that seemed to be no change.
>
> ok, as for now what you can do is run it with: "-tdf -no-kvm-irqchip
> -no-acpi"

As I discovered that my version of kvm 28 doesn't have these options, I have
attempted to compile release 45 on my Ubuntu 7.04, which failed, because
obviously the patch was not applied. So I downloaded the 2.6.22, the patch
2.6.23-rc8.

The patches seemed to apply fine, I copied the config from Ubuntu and ran make
oldconfig, then using make-kpkg buildpackage I ended up with packages that
refer to rc6. Probably something wrong on my side, with -rc9 that I tried
first, hoping patches may already be merged, but they are not. I didn't have
that issue of wrong version number there though. My guess ist that Linus
still forgets to update kernel versions? :)

Well, but aside from the kernel problem, I was using:

./configure --prefix=/opt/kvm --with-patched-kernel
--kerneldir=/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.23-rc6/
make
make install

and the compile worked now. But when I look in /opt/bin I only find qemu
binaries, but not kvm. Is my expectation that the kvm script at least should
also be found there wrong?

And given that the kernel wouldn't boot either (I guess I will have to wait
for you to rebase on rc9, a lot of your patch got rejected there), I also
have the question if the same effect possibly could be also achieved with the
outdated version already in Ubuntu 7.04 that doesn't have "-no-kvm-irqchip"
yet.

Best regards,
Kay Hayen