On Sun, 2007-10-07 at 13:50 +0200, Avi Kivity wrote:
> Jerone Young wrote:
> > This patch makes things better for cross compiling. It also makes adding
> > a new architecture to the current make system much easier.
> >

> > +CFLAGS += -I $(KERNELDIR)/include $(autodepend-flags) -g
> > -fomit-frame-pointer \
> > +   -Wall
> > +CFLAGS += -m32
> > +CFLAGS += -m64
Hmm.. if this is in my patch this is probably a mistake on my part.
Shouldn't be adding -m32 & -m64 on the same CFLAGS.

> Nowhere is CFLAGS defined, that I can see.  This means that a stray
> CFLAGS environment variable will affect the build (this is the cause of
> my dislike to ?= as well).

I believe I was thinking that you might for a specific arch in
config-$ARCH first declare any CFLAGS that other architectures wouldn't
use. So probably a better way to do this is to have CFLAGS declaration
begin at the point you describe, and then include config-$ARCH after
this point.

I'll submit some new patches shortly.