[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> I meant the mmu is x86 specific.
>
> Sorry for misunderstanding.  Should we move out the code logic related
> to mmu from kvm_main.c , and put them as arch-specific code ?:)

The main issue is X86 is implementing shadow page table for virtual
MMU, but IA64 implement shadow TLB.
So making it as arch specfic is good suggestion.

>> Which ones? ppc and s390 don't, and I think ia64 doesn't either?
>
> Yes, IA64 hasn't separate IO address space, and do hasn't Port
> IO access
> with directy IO instructions. But for compatibility with
> Legacy devices,
> all IO ports in devices are sparsely mapped into 64M MMIO space, so we
> need to translate them inoto port IO for IO device emulation in
> virtualization world.  Anyway, this is not a big problem, up to you: )

Making PIO as X86 specfic is good.
IA64 doesn't have PIO space either, but special MMIO address is used
for chipset to generate legacy PIO bus sugnal in case the platform use
PIO.

thx,eddie