On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 16:17 +0200, Back, Michael (ext) wrote:

> >Are you referring to the -rt patch?
>
> Yes, I take the patch from
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/

Ah, yes.  There were problems in the past with running KVM on -rt if you
have the full kit enabled.  Its possible they are still not fixed.

I had patches to address this issue for an older KVM and had it up and
running on a full PREEMPT_RT kernel, but they have become quite stale at
this point.  I will be picking up this work again sometime in the near
future, so watch this space.

Are you building KVM as a module from the -rt tree, or as an external
module?

-Greg