Christian Borntraeger wrote:

> Am Dienstag, 6. November 2007 schrieb Dor Laor:
> > The is my latest (old) branch:
> >
> > -Kernel repo: git://kvm.qumranet.com/home/dor/src/virtio/kvm
> > -Userspace repo:
> git://kvm.qumranet.com/home/dor/src/virtio/kvm-userspace
> > Use virt-final branch.
>
> Yes I had a look at these. This code is virtio draft 4 based, right?

Yup, I'll rebase every thing next week.

> > It is not yet updated to latest virtio & latest kvm.
> > This version uses a pci device for virtio. Since I'm think Rusty's
> > config space does not matches
> > pci config space I might consider changing it. (Preferably not, maybe
> > I'll start using it until we'll have the windows
> > implementation).
> > I'll start work on it on Sunday.
>
> I currently try to use Rusty's config space as we dont have a PCI bus.
> Carsten told me that HPA suggested to split CONFIG_PCI in a way to use
> the hardware independent data structures without providing the hardware.
>
> Carsten do you still remember the full details?

The idea was to have pci like configuration space without actually
support pci.
This is something that Rusty implemented and just today there is a patch
to convert
the config space to better match pci space.
Anyway you don't really need pci support - exactly like lguest.

> > Can you also publish your tree?
>
> Currently I have no way to publish something via a web page. I could
> sent you
> patches or the code of our prototype code. Currently it has nothing to
> do with
> KVM but we try to move more and more into kvm direction.
> As the old code was virtio draft 4 based and I just started to work on it
> again I currently rebased everything and try to make it work again.
> Basically
> I currently tried to reuse as much as possible from the lguest code.

Me also stole most of the implementation from lguest. Actually Rusty
made virtio
V5 implementation based on the lguest too. It is now shared, general
virtio code
in the kernel.