Hello,

I saw in this mailing list (kvm-devel) that there is a git tree
which uses Rusty Russel virtio API. The intention that this tree will be
integrated inot mainstream in the near future.

(for example,
http://www.mail-archive.com/kvm-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg08854.html).

My question is about performance of these virtio para virtualized
drivers (I am talking mainly about network and disk drivers):
How this is in comparison with the paravirtualized drivers of Xen
(the split devices model)?

I am talking about Xen in its paravirtualized mode, where the
guests run unmodified OSes (on ordinary, non virtualized processors).

Is the performance about the same as the Xen paravirtualized drivers ?

In case is it so, can we see kvm a competitor to Xen in server virtualization
(when we deal with a high loads of thousands/ten of thousands of
interrupts per second).?

Regards,
Mark