Zhang, Xiantao wrote:
> User-allocation should be what we are heading. But considering
> compatibility with old user-space support, I think kernel-allocation
> approach should exist for a long time.
That's right. This is why I would prefer to have the corresponding
code out of kvm_main.c: it may exist for a long time for x86.

> I think we don't need to consider
> this case now. Once the kernel-allocation approach is abandoned in
> future, as you say, we can move them all into x86.
I'd rather prefer to move it upfront. Otherwise, I'd have to consider
that case for s390 as long as it remains in common. At least I'd have
to make sure it does'nt get used on s390 using an if() or #ifdef.