On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 17:27:55 +0530
Amit Shah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can you just rename this to REP and REPNE?

Yes I can. I send the new patch.

> Does this fix the problems you saw with openbsd?

No not yet. It will help to make the difference between REPE prefix and
REPNE prefix because both can be added to the CMPS and SCAS
instruction. To be able to boot OpenBSD41 properly we need to emulate
CMPS.

I replaced CMPS by a NOP instruction and it allows me to boot
openbsd but it's not really an acceptable solution, it was just to
see if that the emulation of CMPS instruction was the problem.

Guillaume