hello,

can someone give me an information regarding the cross compile ability of kvm
(especially for qemu)?
Which is the first version of kvm, which is considered to be able to cross
compile?

I tried KVM-28, which failed totally to cross-compile and I used KVM-53, which
already had better support to cross compile, but still is not perfect (makes
some assumptions about the host system, e.g. sdl-config).
With some minor changes in the configure script for qemu I got kvm-53 cross
compiled. Unfortunatly kvm-53 doesn't run wit the preemption patches for
2.6.21.6-rt21 but this is another question for later...

Of course, it can be possible, that I do something totally wrong.

This is my configure call:
./configure --arch=i386 --cross-prefix=/opt/crosstool/i686-pentium-linux-gnu/\
gcc-3.4.3-glibc-2.3.3/bin/i686-pentium-linux-gnu- \
--kerneldir=/home/gerdko/thinkiod_work/linux --disable-vnc-tls \
--prefix=/home/gerdko/thinkiod_work/install

you might ask, why I use a cross compiler for x86? Well, I want to use kvm on
an embedded device, which doesn't have local gcc installed, so I need to
compile everything on another host.

greetings,
gerd

Kontron Modular Computers GmbH
Geschaeftsfuehrer / Managing Directors: Ulrich Gehrmann, Thomas Sabisch
Sitz der Gesellschaft / Registered Office: Kaufbeuren, Rechtsform / Legal: GmbH
Amtsgericht / Local District Court Kempten, HRB Nr. / Trade Register No. 6195