Hello,

I had build kvm from sources and then installed a
a guest according to kvm howto using qemu-system-x86_64.

(/usr/local/kvm/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 -hda vdisk.img -cdrom
/path/to/boot-media.iso \
   -boot d  -m 384)

The qemu-system-x86_64 utility is built when you build kvm from sources.

It was with kvm-49; now, I think to upgrade to the latest version of
kvm (kvm-55);
my question is:
should I repeat the process of creating the guest image using the
qemu-system-x86_64?
Or can I use safely the old vdisk.img guest image ?

And in general: when upgrading from current version of kvm to a newer one -
can I use the old guest image (which was created with current
qemu-system-x86_64)?
Or must the process of creating an image should be repeated with the new
qemu-system-x86_64 from the new version?

rgs,
Mark