Avi,

now that vgabios has been merged, would be probably a good idea to remove the
unused vgabios BLOBs in the bios directory which were left from the import of
the BOCHS bios (I have a patch but felt bad about sending it out with up to
96K) :

  bios/VGABIOS-lgpl-README              |  214
  bios/VGABIOS-lgpl-latest              |  Bin 38400 -> 0 bytes
  bios/VGABIOS-lgpl-latest-cirrus       |  Bin 35328 -> 0 bytes
  bios/VGABIOS-lgpl-latest-cirrus-debug |  Bin 35840 -> 0 bytes
  bios/VGABIOS-lgpl-latest-debug        |  Bin 39936 -> 0 bytes

in preparation for portability work, I suspect though might be a good idea to
create a "firmware" tree were other firmware might be later added to support
the non-PC architectures like ppc, ia64 and others that seem to be imminent.

I'll let the specifics to all the portability interested parties (I mostly use
PC) but would suspect something similar to the work done for the code should
be most likely what is needed :

  firmware -- x86 -- bios
           |      |- vgabios
           |- ia64