On Thursday 03 January 2008 01:29:24 Hollis Blanchard wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-12-22 at 22:25 +0200, Avi Kivity wrote:
> > >
> > > I've not checked the patch yet; but a curiosity question: Do you also
> > > test x86 compiles / builds? (Just to make sure these fixes don't just
> > > fix ia64, but also don't break x86)
> >
> > Well, please do test patchsets on x86.  But I'd also like to check x86
> > patches against ia64 (and ppc, s390).  Do you have easy instructions for
> > setting up a cross-build environment?
>
> http://kernelnewbies.org/FAQ/KernelCrossCompilation has some info. It's
> surprisingly easy.

Till we get some kind of an infrastructure ready, I suggest at least one or
two people working on the respective architectures have a nightly build
system in place that fetches the latest git tree and builds it. That way,
each maintainer is responsible for kvm building on his arch.

The scripts can be shared and be made smarter to complain about which commit
broke the build, but that can be done later when we have the complete test
infrastructure ready (it's in progress).

Amit