Hi!

I'm having an issue with GFXboot in Ubuntu. If I try to boot one of our
recent iso images, e.g.

  http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-server/daily/current/hardy-server-amd64.iso

with a simple "kvm -cdrom hardy-server-amd64" using the kernel modules
from 2.6.24-rc6, and kvm-userspace from git, I just get a black screen.
If I add -std-vga to the command line, it works just fine. If I load the
kernel modules from git, it also works just fine.

I was under the impression that the kernel API should be backwards
compatible, so I consider this a bug. Is there anything I can do to help
debug this issue?

--
Soren Hansen
Ubuntu Server Team