Hi Jan,
On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 04:40:06PM +0100, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> What about additionally listening on signals? If you run qemu from the
> console, you can then just press ctrl-c to shut the guest down (instead
Catching ctrl-c sounds like a good idea but "ctrl-c, ctrl-c" should
probably kill qemu then, since the machine might have no acpid running -
in that case hitting ctrl-c would have no effect.

> of killing it that way). The same happens on host shutdown (if the guest
> is faster than the host's grace period before SIGKILL...).

> +    signal(SIGINT, qemu_powerdown_sighand);
> +    signal(SIGTERM, qemu_powerdown_sighand);
We shouldn't catch SIGTERM here since libvirt uses it for
domainDestroy() (in contrast to domainShutdown() which uses
system_powerdown).
Cheers,
 -- Guido