Anthony Liguori wrote:
> This patch updates KVM's virtio implementation to the latest virtio ABI.  This
> includes a change in the network header and support for reset.
>
> With this patch, the block and network driver from Rusty's latest queue are
> functioning.  Module unload and reload work and I no longer see an error when
> repeatedly bringing a network interface up and down.

Applied, thanks.

This ABI breakage is worrying.  While it is expected to take some time
for the ABI to congeal, we need some way to prevent mismatched guests
and hosts from running.  Perhaps something like the kvm abi version,
storedin the pci revision field?  Keep incrementing it until we are
satisfied, then use feature bits to add functionality.