Anthony Liguori wrote:
> This patch attempts to clean up the interactions between KVM and QEMU.  Sorry
> for such a big patch, but I don't think there's a better way to approach this
> such that it's still bisect friendly.  I think this is most of what's needed
> get basic KVM support into QEMU though.
>
> Right now, there's a mix of #ifdef USE_KVM, if (kvm_allowed), and various
> extern declarations.  It's all pretty fugly and there's a lot of mistakes due
> to it.
>
> The following patch eliminates almost all uses of #ifdef USE_KVM by
> introducing
> a kvm_enabled() macro.  If USE_KVM is set, this macro evaluates to
> kvm_allowed.
> If USE_KVM isn't set, the macro evaluates to 0.
>
> Since GCC eliminates if (0) blocks, this is just as good as using #ifdef.  By
> making sure that we never call into libkvm directly from QEMU, we can also
> just
> not link qemu-kvm when USE_KVM isn't set instead of having the entire file
> wrapped in a USE_KVM.

It might not when optimizations are disabled.  Please test.

Also, long term (when we're fully merged into qemu), we need to be able
to build without libkvm or linux/kvm.h installed.  That means we can't
use any of the kvm.h defines and data structures.  So for example,
kvm_qemu_check_extension(KVM_CAP_USER_MEMORY)) needs to be changed to
kvm_qemu_supports_userspace_memory().