-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Andrey Dmitriev
Sent: Tue 2/12/2008 11:20 PM
To: kvm-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [kvm-devel] stable distro for kvm?

>Any recommendations or link to plans for a stable KVM with any major distro?

Latest KVM (KVM-60) is stable; Fedora7+/RHEL5+ have good support for KVM.
openSUSE/SLES 11.x will likely have good KVM support too.

>I've read somewhere that Ubuntu will support it soon (how soon?) but I thought
>it was based on debian, and it doesn't seem to have it as part of etch yet (if
>I switch to unstable, I seem to be able to get it)

Debian Etch (Stable) was feature-frozen before KVM was released. (Debian Etch
was released in 2007, but it was in feature-freeze since summer of 2006).
As with any Debian Stable, it takes time to insert features into it. Those
features need to be ready nearly year before insertion into Debian Stable. Both
Ubuntu 8.04 LTS and Debian Lenny will have good KVM support.

openSUSE 10.3, Ubuntu 7.04, Ubuntu 7.10 have early KVM included, so they have
some bugs. (basic KVM support)
In any case, I would recommend you to install KVM-60, because it is more stable.

-Alexey "Technologov, Qumranet QA Team Member.