Andreas Winkelbauer <andreas.winkelbauer <at> gmx.at> writes:

> hi,
>
> I found out what crashed kvm when I increased VGA_RAM_SIZE in pc.h. The
> crash was caused by a really _dirty_ hack in a kvm specific part of
> vga.c (it took me at least an hour to find this amazing piece of code...
> at least the "HACK ALERT" was a good hint  ).
>
> I've attached the patch. It works for me (tested with windows xp as
> guest os @ 1680x1050). As always, please test the patch. I'd highly
> appreciate it if somebody could test it with linux as guest os.

Patches get me running up to 1920 x 1200 using WinXP guest!

Now that I can run higher resolutions I am seeing a screen corruption issue on
resolutions greater than 1600x1200.  Property dialogs are the easiest way to
see the issue, a set of thin horizontal bands through the dialog with the
desktop visible.  On certain areas of the screen the mouse pointer will also
show banding.

Les