Hi,

I am running KVM 61 on CentOS 5.1 x86_64 (on a Dell PowerEdge 2950
III).  I start my virtual machine as follows:
qemu-kvm -hda /dev/kvm_sdb/geust_root -m 1024 -net tap -net
nic,vlan=0,macaddr=00:16:3e:00:00:02 -daemonize -nographic -smp 2

The problem is that when the guest (also CentOS 5.1 x86_64) utilizes the
network heavily (scp to a machine on the same switch, around 12 mbyte/s)
the network on the virtual machine just drops out.

I can no longer ping the virtual machine, and any existing SSH sessions
die. If I connect to the virtual machine using VNC everything looks okay
(eth0 is up, routes are okay), but I still cannot connect to anything.
All other virtual machines on the same host continue to work as if
nothing has happened. The same problem occurred in -58 and -59.

/var/log/messages on the guest says:
NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
eth0: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0x05E1

Any suggestions (permanent fixes or temporary workarounds, I'll take
what you got) would be much appreciated.

Thanks for all the great work :)
-Arne