Well this can not go upstream. If it were to go into upstream qemu we
would need for them to take in libfdt (which they most likely will have
big issue with). Also we wouldn't do the probing if they did take it in.
But for the forseable future we are not getting stuff into qemu yet. If
we do then will cross this road and remove this completely. Or if libfdt
ever is packaged separately. For now this is what we have to do for
probing