Yeah. This could "potentially" cause hell for users (non developers)
down the road. I'm just going to keep this patch in my queue for myself,
so no one will complain about warnings from my patches anymore.

I think having a --developer flag to configure could work, but we would
then need separate file for including the CFLAG, this would just clutter
things more.